ISSUES & PRIORITIES
COVID-19 has drastically changed our world.
As a community, we’ve stepped up – basing our decisions on facts, science, and compassion. I’m constantly honored that Davis is the community I have the privilege of serving.
Now, it’s even more important for leaders to understand how things work, how to navigate red tape and bureaucracy and engage in regional collaboration.
I’ve already been leading in this regard:
- initiated our new Downtown Plan, which provides opportunities to enhance Downtown Davis
- negotiated a MOU between UC Davis, Davis and Yolo County which commits UC Davis to building on-campus housing & local transportation investments
- co-founded Valley Clean Energy, our renewable energy program
- built the $225M regional surface water supply project
- built the $90M replacement of our antiquated wastewater treatment plant
- secured $7.7M for reconstruction of Richards/I-80 interchange
My priorities include:
- update City of Davis’ General Plan (our long-term vision)
- support collaborative partnerships to address homelessness and increase affordable housing
- sustainability efforts to address adverse climate change impacts
- increase investment in citywide infrastructure & neighborhoods (repaving roads, bike paths & park improvements)